Monday night our church leadership team met and have determined that going forward we are going to meet in our church building for our Sunday morning worship service. Our plan is to use the fellowship hall for our worship service as we are able to fit more attendees in while maintaining our government’s requests for social distancing. We will continue to meet at 10:30 a.m.
Each household unit is asked to sit together. When you enter, you will find that chairs have been grouped together according to household size. We ask that if at all possible that you sit in a group of chairs that meets your household size. For instance, if there are 5 in your household, please sit in a group of 5 chairs (not 6 or 7). In this way we will be able to maximize our space and our meeting together. Ushers will be in the fellowship hall to help you find seats if you need them. You can also go here to find a video showing what our seating will look like.
Here are some guidelines:
- We are asking each person to assess both their personal risk as well as their risk to others and decide whether to attend a service in person.
- We will continue to provide a broadcast of the service via the radio transmitter for any wishing to remain in their vehicles. In addition, we will also provide audio in the Sanctuary for overflow seating or for those who feel they need to have greater space between households.
- If you are ill or have had recent covid symptoms (fever, cough, or difficulty breathing), please stay home.
- We encourage you to fellowship before and after the services by either going outside (whether permitting) or spreading out into the sanctuary. Some seating will be removed in the Sanctuary so as provide space for us to spread out. We ask that you not congregate in the hallways.
- No nursery will be provided. However, we encourage you to bring your children! None of us will mind to hear the shuffles of little feat or the cries of an infant! They are evidences of God’s blessing! If they are a little more fidgety than you would like, the Sunday school classroom doors will be open and you can sit in there and hear the service as well.
- Ushers will open doors and they will remain open when it is time to enter and exit. You can enter either by the fellowship hall doors or the main entrance doors.
- Offering will be received through the donation box we have been using for our outdoor services or online.
- The water fountains will be closed, so bring a water bottle with you if desired (or coffee!).
- We ask each person to assess whether or not they should wear a mask while attending the service and bring their own if they so desire.
- Bulletins and hymns will be printed and available upon entry. We will also post them on our church website if you wish to either print them at home or view them on an electronic device.
I know that these days are sometimes frustrating, irritating, and confusing! But I am thankful for our church family and the joy that I experience week by week as we gather together for the worship of our great God and great Savior Jesus Christ. I look forward to seeing you on Sunday!