Here is a guide for home worship for the Lord’s day – November 15, 2020.
- Call to Worship – Psalm 28:6-7
- Hymn – I Sing the Mighty Power of God
- Here is an adaptation of a prayer entitled “Morning Needs” from the Puritan book of prayers, “The Valley of Vision.”
O God, the Author of all good, we come to You for the grace another day will require: grace for its duties and events. We step out into a wicked world. We carry into it our own evil hearts.
We know that without you we can do nothing. Everything that we are concerned about this day, however harmless in itself, may prove a chance to sin or to engage in folly unless we are kept safe by Your power. Hold us and we shall be safe!
Preserve our understandings from subtle errors. Keep our affections from love of idols. Hold our character from stain of vices. Free us from every form of evil. May we engage in nothing in which we cannot implore Your blessing and in which we cannot invite Your oversight and care.
Prosper us in all good doings. Prepare us for disappointments. Give us neither poverty nor riches. Feed us with food that we need lest we be overfilled and deny You saying, “Who is the Lord?.”
Teach us how to use the world and not abuse it, to improve our skills, to redeem our time, to walk in wisdom toward those without and kindness to those within, and to do good to all men – especially those who are our fellow Christians.
Teach us to know that any prospering of our day is ultimately due to Your gracious, sovereign, kind, wise, and good care. And to You be glory forever.
In Jesus Name.
- Scripture Reading – Psalm 20
- Hymn – It is Well
- Sermon – Close Calls – Psalm 124
- Audio – https://www.sunrisebiblechurch.org/sermons/
- Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz0B9UTS7oU
- Hymn – Day by Day